CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Will you defend the religious system's false doctrines. or..

Living in the Spirit Views: 211
Published: 33 months ago

This is a reply to # 2,417,352

Re: Will you defend the religious system's false doctrines. or..

steve: the bible is there to tell me how i am wrong.

ed: since the errant and fallible non-100% God inspired, 66 book bible is the mainstream book the institutionalized church system has sanctioned, popularized and declared perfectly inspired, inerrant and infallible, this is what we ended up with. It can certainly be used in this way, but i suggest that this only works when one also engages their Holy Spirit discernment :).

If one were to use this book as a tool for deciphering how they are wrong, i believe there is quite a bit of falseness and confusion to navigate through both from original false teachings of imperfect men mixed in with the true teachings and also through the many mistranslations which makes it even worse. Added to this is also a good amount of wildly popularized institutionalized false religious system teachings that have been read into the text as with the false doctrine of eternal torment in hell.

I honestly and overwhelmingly believe that God Himself living within us in Living relationship by His Holy Spirit can do a much more efficient and effective job of keeping us aligned with His heart than the bible could ever hope to.

steve: it is never to be used to justify my actions.

ed: this seems like a healthy rule of thumb where subjectively evaluated negative actions are concerned : ).

steve: all three of these monotheistic monsters do this - use their book to condone their evil deeds.

ed: Here we definitely agree and this type of religious fundamentalism has long been a major problem.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.828 sec, (1)