CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Will you defend the religious system's false doctrines. or..

Natural Cancer Remedies
Cancer-proof your body with little known immune boosters!

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Natural, Soothing, Progesterone Oil
Supplementation and Hormone Balancing Based on the...

More
More
trapper/kcmo Views: 215
Published: 3 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,417,379

Re: Will you defend the religious system's false doctrines. or..

steve: and in some places it is some of the most beautiful words i have ever heard.

ed: i agree that the shakesphearean language can be aesthetically pleasing, while also for the most part for me being a distraction :).

==================================================

steve: i dont think early modern english is too far afield for anyone whose native tongue is english. thees and thous and shalts arent that hard. i hear some pretty stupid people pray out loud in that language trying to sound pious or holy or whatever. there is a lot to be desired in sentence structure in places. however, those things seem to have been acquired due to tradition. the gospels are mixed up, meaning out of order. paul gets cut off in mid sentence to go to the next verse or chapter. having dabbled in translation i can tell you that you have to know what it means in order to translate it properly. i found a good greek and hebrew concordance goes a long way to straightening the language out. i used to look up a word in strongs and find that many different words in the original were being translated that same english word with no way to differentiate. i love my exhaustive hebrw concordance. there you can find every place that a particualr hebrew word is used. and lo, behold, that word can be translated into many different english words. that is one thick book on my shelf - twice the binding size of any of the others.

===============================================

steve: ah, yes, the 800 pound gorilla in the room.

ed: i enjoy this expression :). I left my comment in place to which you made this response. I could speculate, but instead can you please clarify which parts of my words and which concept or concepts in these two paragraphs to which you are specifically referring? :)

=================================================

using religious texts as an excuse for war. the big gorilla these days are the zionists. bob marley may have said we got to fulfil the book, but the question is according to who's interpretation? this push for israel and red hefers and all that nonsense and people buy it.

yep, this has been fun.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

1.250 sec, (2)