CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Milk Thistle and pregnancy

warriorone Views: 685
Published: 3 years ago

This is a reply to # 519,177

Re: Milk Thistle and pregnancy

I am reading places where it says it's okay to take milk thistle while pregnant and other places where it says not to take it.
It's very confusing!
I wish I could meet a woman who was once pregnant who took milk thistle during her entire pregnancy and had a normal baby.
I found one woman online.
I haven't found studies on milk thistle and pregnancy so anyone who knows of one, please send it my way.
I read that many women who cannot conceive take milk thistle.
I was taking milk thistle before becoming pregnant and I was not trying to get pregnant and now I am.
I'm very happy though, my pregnancy was a surprise, not an accident!
i'm 42 years old and this is my first pregnancy.

I still take my milk thistle with days off here and there because it's supposed to help with morning sickness.
I take the one from Eclectic Institute, their milk thistle is organic and grown in the US, they don't standardize it or use any fillers it's just the seeds ground up in a capsule.
So that's what I'm taking
4 of their capsules has about 57.6 to 120 mg of Silymarin which has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, that's the active ingredient in milk thistle that gets the job done, and the recommended daily dose of Sylimarin is about 280 mg.
I guess I could go ahead and get a standardized milk thistle complex but I want the whole food and not parts of it.
so I've been taking 4 capsules of the Eclectic Institute which has the range I listed above.
My morning sickness is really bad these days or should I say my all day sickness, it's really all day long and not just in the morning.
Anyway I will up my dose since I still will be under the 280 mg range
If I take another 4 capsules in addition to the 4 I'm already taking off and on and here and there, I will still be under the 280 mg silymarin range.
I hope it helps my morning sickness, because I'm in nausea hell.
Pitaya smoothies with ginger help me.
Hope someone out there can give me some info to help.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

2.250 sec, (1)