CureZone   Log On   Join
dull ache in between shoulder blades since cutting down on PPI

jenga21 Views: 491
Published: 6 y

dull ache in between shoulder blades since cutting down on PPI

I am a 37 year old female with a normal weight BMI. I have been on 40 mg Nexium since 5/2017 for GERD and LPR. I started slowly cutting down November 2017. I am currently on 30 mg Nexium and really struggling. I don’t have heartburn or voice issues again, but I have a dull ache between my shoulder blades. It has gotten worse and worse the more I cut down on the Nexium. Sometimes it is almost debillitating and I feel scared of esophagus issues. Sometimes the pain goes up to my neck and down my back. I am currently taking mastic gum between meals, 75 mg ranitidine, chewing DGL licorice, taking digestive enzymes, and drinking aloe vera juice before meals. I am on a probiotic and drinking apple cider vinegar in water twice per day. I have tried dietary changes and have recently given up sugary sweets. I am drinking alkaline water.

My question is, should I be worried about the nearly constant dull ache between my shoulder blades or is this a normal part of acid rebound? If it’s normal, I can persevere through the pain and keep cutting down on that horrid PPI. Has anyone else dealt with this? I am considering making an appointment with my PCP, but they always say I should increase my PPI as high as possible. I am tired of drugs. I am only 37 years old. I have tried getting off PPIs once before in 2016 and it worked for awhile, but then I had shooting pain in my back and chest. I got scared at that point and started up again and increased from 20 mg to 40 mg per my PCP’s instructions. I have been on and off Nexium and Omeprazole off and on since 2015. I have had 2 endoscopies. The one in 2015 showed a small hiatal hernia and mild gastritis and the one in 2017 did not show a hernia and looked pretty good. I am grateful for any help.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)