New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
HealthyBugger Views: 4,718
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 239,919

Re: Agave Nectar vs. Maple Syrup

It appears the dark agave nectar has a higher concentration of minerals than the light agave, but I can't give you a comparison to maple syrup. I guess the dark/light of agave would be akin to the various grades of maple syrup.

I've pasted some info below on Agave Nectar. This is the brand I get from Whole Foods. If nothing else, agave makes a great Sugar substitute, though I also use Wholesome (brand) organic blackstrap molasses and Rapunzel's Rapadura unrefined and unbleached whole cane sugar.

http://www.sweetcactusfarms.com/products.htm

Certified organic Sweet Cactus Farms (SCF) Premium Agave Nectar is an exciting new sweetener naturally extracted from the pineapple-shaped core of the Agave, a cactus-like plant native to Mexico

The original people of Mexico discovered the many uses of the Blue Weber Tequilana. The most famous use of the Blue Weber is in the making of fine tequila. However, the exceptional sweetness of the nectar of the Blue Weber has come to be recognized and the syrup's high fructose level makes Agave Nectar an excellent choice for diabetics and other discerning consumers.

SCF Premium Agave Nectar is Kosher, Parve, Vegan, and contains none of the top eight allergens (crustaceans, eggs, fish, milk, peanuts, soy, tree nuts, and wheat). SCF Agave Nectar is produced from 100% Blue Weber Tequilana and these plants are Not Genetically Modified (Engineered).

SCF Premium Agave Nectar is available in the light and dark varieties. SCF Dark Agave Nectar contains a higher concentration of the plants natural minerals Iron, Calcium, Potassium & Magnesium than does SCF Light Agave Nectar. SCF Light Agave Nectar is naturally filtered to give a neutral flavor while SCF Dark has a flavor reminiscent of molasses.

SCF Agave Nectar dissolves easily and may be used to sweeten any food or beverage. Agave Nectar has no bitter or intense after taste as do many artificial sweeteners.

With 90% fruit Sugar (fructose) content, Agave Nectar absorbs more slowly into the body decreasing the highs and lows associated with sucrose (white table sugar) intake.

SCF Agave Nectar is at least 25% sweeter than Sugar so you can use less and save on calories.

When baking:

Replace 1 cup sugar with 3/4 cup of Agave Nectar.

Reduce recipe liquids 1/3 and

Reduce oven temperature 25įF.

The Glycemic Index has been measured at 10-11. This GI, certified by the University of Sydney, is based on Agave Nectar produced from 100% Blue Weber Tequilana. Agave Nectar produced from a blend of Agave plants or "Wild Agave" has a higher Glycemic Index. Do not be confused!

Comparing the GI of SCF Premium Agave Nectar with those of Honey and Sucrose (white table sugar) makes Agave Nectar the choice of sweeteners for those concerned with limiting the stressful effects of sugar on body.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

5.282 sec, (2)