CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Resources for Vekky (and anyone else interested in these subjects)

loquat1 Views: 356
Published: 4 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,390,876

Re: Resources for Vekky (and anyone else interested in these subjects)

With one or two exceptions when you tried (and failed) to explain to me who is left to populate your millennium following the second advent, there's nothing wrong with your comms skills chuck. Or vekky's. Or rainy's. Or even tansy's for that matter - despite all her typos, etc.

It's trapper's comms skills that have me stumped. His and that number guy. Both write reasonably good lingo, but what they write is incomprehensible. Either trapper lives on his own planet, or else he's too spaced out to make any sense. Have you ever managed to get any sense out of him? Coz I sure as heck haven't.

Personally, I would hesitate to call it a gift. I would say it's closer to being something like an ability or aptitude. Can it be taught? Well, I asked the missus (who is a qualified teacher after all, innit?), and she reckons no, so who am I to argue with an expert?

So then I asked her, why can I do it, but others not so much? Coz I'm so bl**dy annoying was her reply, & I'm sure vekky would concur. Then (slightly more seriously) added that it's connected to 'literary intelligence' (whatever that is) and an ability to ignore my brain's autocorrect function. 

For example, if autocorrect is primarily a function of the left hemisphere, it's possible that a more dominant r. hemisphere overrides or switches it off. Which implies it can't be taught, coz it's physiological/anatomical rather than an acquired skill.  

BTW, she thought it was a gift, but that's where I part company with her. 

So, upshot is there won't be any lessons today in proofreading I'm afraid. You don't need them anyway.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

1.016 sec, (1)