CureZone   Log On   Join
high dosage iodine for hypothyroid and hair loss

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Natural, Soothing, Progesterone Oil
Supplementation and Hormone Balancing Based on the...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
lewclark Views: 2,251
Published: 4 years ago

high dosage iodine for hypothyroid and hair loss

Hi guys, I've been following this forum for help and advise for some time now but as I've just started mega dosing Iodine (100mg as of today) i thought i'd like to try and get some clarification on some of my concerns.

I want to stick with Iodine as when i started over a month ago for a diagnosing of a slightly under active thyroid. with just 3 drops of detoxadine nascent Iodine i noticed my hair loss all but stopped, i had a mass increase of energy and felt generally good.
Then a week or so ago i started getting intermittent itching in my scalp again like that associated with hair loss and hyper symptoms like anxiety, racing thoughts and an inability to sleep. This made me obsessive on forums and it was a nightmare.

I take selenium every day as well in the form of 2 brazil nuts as I'd like to keep it natural. I get magnesium in my diet as well but had been taking 200mg capsules for sometime.

My questions relate to hair loss as I've noticed some people got really scared that their hair shedding increased on iodine and this was put down to a possible bromide/flouride detox. Now i live in UK and fortunately our local water supply isn't toxic with flouride and I don't really eat many junk foods that contain bromide. I'm gluten free as from a few weeks or so to help with a recent diagnosis of hypothyroidism (most likely hashimotos).

I've been shedding a little bit more recently so I'm hoping that now going up to 100mg will help my hair loss and thyroid issues if taken in tandem with the selenium and magnesium. I also taken ACV every day in water and a probiotic supplement.

Can anybody comment as to whether continued use of 100mg iodine will be dangerous for hair loss? I like the idea of getting myself back to sufficiency and have read that hair loss will most likely stop when this is the case? This is my main concern and main reason for sorting my health out, though all the other benefits are welcome I am 100% committed to regrowing the areas that have lost hair this and I feel im on the right path alongside detumescence therapy (scalp massage).

Sorry for the broad spectrum question I'm just tired of spending hours trawling through forums to assuage anxiety and hope that you guys can give me some learned support without adding too much to my need to read more and more and more and order more things and think more...god this is stressful!

Also one last question. I'd been taking the detoxadine and now swapped to Lugols for a higher dosage. Though I also hear that you can take less of detoxadine as it's magnascent iodine. Should I just been taking an equivalent dosage of detoxadine instead of the 12% Lugols im taking? which would be better if I just want to help thyroid and hair loss and dont really want to complicate things with all the bromide detox stuff?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.641 sec, (2)