CureZone   Log On   Join
Post-ERCP Diet / Gallbladder Sludge

Epsom Salt Encapsulated
Hulda Clark Cleanse Kits

Google Advertisement
FlyinHawaiian Views: 772
Published: 7 y

Post-ERCP Diet / Gallbladder Sludge

Aloha everyone – So glad I found this forum! What a blessing. I’d just gone through an ERCP a week ago, on May 8th, the doc found blockage from some sludge and a gallstone which he removed then installed a (temporary) stent to be removed in 4-6 wks. It was a relief b/c I wasn’t in pain, and the CT and MRI the previous wk didn’t reveal any stones (those tests aren't perfect), but they did see dilation of the common bile duct which led them to believe there’s obstruction there, which they confirmed at the ERCP. After removing the sludge and gallstone and putting in the stent, my #’s are coming down nicely and the jaundice is going away, thank God.

I’ve done the Moritz cleanse several times before – the cause of my sludge is my rapid fat loss during Feb./March (went from 230 to 200), so I’m wanting to do the cleanse again. Got some questions please:

1) Should I do the cleanse after the stent is out? If I do it now I’m afraid I may mess up the stent if the bile ducts dilate too much from the Epsom Salts .

2) Since the ERCP, I’ve not yet transitioned to a low-fat/regular diet, I’m deathly afraid of accumulating more sludge – I know, just paranoid b/c my lipase was superelevated post-ERCP, but did finally come down, thought I'd gotten pancreatitis (which is a risk from an ERCP). Been just eating apples, apple juice, grapefruit, kimchee. Should I eat low-fat clean foods to get the bile going? I know I should be eating more, but am confused as to how to proceed.

3) I’m meeting my sister’s family @ the end of June for a Disney cruise to Alaska – will still have the stent in, plan on taking it out after I get back. My thinking is – I got the stent, my system is at lower risk for obstruction. Is it okay to allow for a couple of liberal meals, e.g. eggs @ brunch, cake for dessert?

Thanks so much everyone for your advice!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)