This is seriously affecting my quality of life. I've tried a lot of different things to address my ailments, with some minor success, but nothing dramatic or close to the cure I'm looking for :( I'm 30 years old, very active and exercise many times a week, eat a low carb, high fat, and moderate protein diet, have cut out all sugar, dairy, grains, gluten, caffeine, and any foods I'm allergic to (which I have many). I'm extremely health conscious yet I have all these health issues:
- Hollowed eyes, dark circles
- Creases in skin due to dehydration
- Chronically chapped lips no matter how much water I drink
- I'm always thirsty no matter how much water I drink. I typically drink more than a gallon of water a day.
- Dry eyes, sore to the touch
- Dehydrated look to skin
- Dry lips no matter how much water I drink
- Dry hair, sometimes randomly brittle. Some days hair will feel healthy, other days brittle, dry, with hair loss
- Itchy scalp (Seborheic Dermatitis)
- Sensitive to cold, I start shivering when drinking ice cold water
- Bloated face. After eating, my face takes on a bloated look
- Sometimes Iíll look in the mirror and then come back a few minutes later and my face looks different (it'll be red/less red, more bloated/less bloated)
- On random days or random times during the day my skin and hair will look and feel really good (hydrated, healthy, etc). Then after a few hours, day or few days later, it will return to its dry state.
- I also suffer from food allergies
- Face easily flushes, like from laughing, smiling, etc. Or when standing up after sitting down
- I donated my left kidney 3 years ago
I used to have a brain fog issue but that has gotten a lot better after cutting out carbs. I recently starting supplementing with LoSalt (170mg sodium, 450mg potassium each serving) with about 4-5 servings per day. It seems to have made my skin, lips, and eyes more hydrated. I'm wondering if I should increase the amount of servings even more. What's wrong with me? It seems like there might be a mineral imbalance but I'm not sure. I would appreciate any advice/insight! Thanks so much!