CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I used to have this

ECaccutane Views: 948
Published: 5 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,294,995

Re: I used to have this

I got it after taking accutane(a drug for acne).
While taking the medicine, my lips used to be super dry so i started applying lip balm. As soon as i started applying lip balm, my lips started becoming white when they came in contact with water so I just dubbed the white stuff with my finger which made my lips raw and red and they were swollen too. I thought that if I apply vaseline it will get better but it didn't and the peeling cycle started and it is still continuing.

I have this for about 2 years and 6 months now. For 2 years n 4 months I just maintained them by applying a lip moisturizer on the 3rd or 4th day at bedtime and in the morning the crusts on the lips would come off easily while brushing . The lips would look raw for few hours but the next 3 days they would look normal.

I wanted to cure it so I went to the dermatalogist and he gave me hydrocortisone which made my lips worse .After peeling the lips, they looked swollen and much raw. So I stopped applying it and continued with my same old maintaining them but my lips but this time the lips were more raw and swollen which is why I decieded to cure it fully .

I tried the japanese method of leavinf them alone for 6 weeks but it didn't help . so I started moisturizing my lips with coconut oil while leaving them alone and cleaning them with soap once everyday .I think that this is working for me since I can see some lines on the lips and my after my lips peel, they are not raw .

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

1.656 sec, (1)