CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Well loquat1, you can't accused me of being non-communicative and/or 'mystic/cryptic', eh?

loquat1 Views: 8,303
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,292,679

Re: Well loquat1, you can't accused me of being non-communicative and/or 'mystic/cryptic', eh?

Yes, actually, I do indeed believe they have names. I suppose it depends on your definition of a cult, but to me such organisations as Scientology, Children of God, Mormons, Heaven's Gate, Branch Davidian, Christian Science, People's Temple, Order of the Solar Temple, Jehovah's Witnesses, The Worldwide Church of God, etc etc are all cults. You may disagree with that list, of course, and you are at perfect liberty to do so. But I take my cue from 'The Four Major Cults' by Anthony A Hoekema, and other such works, such as 'Kingdom of the Cults' by Ralph P Martin.

The point here is that all the above-mentioned share common traits that mark them out as cults, and those traits are detailed in the above-mentioned works. From what I've read of your output so far, I think it's entirely possible that you are still a member of a cult, even if its total membership consists of just one person - yourself. If you acquire followers for your teachings, then yes, you will then display even more of those same traits that mark you out as a cult, and become even more recognizably so. In fact, your teachings seem very derivative of some of the above-mentioned cults, so I have no problem identifying you with them.

No doubt, you will reject this analysis, and again that is your right, but I would argue that either you are not rational, or else you are too deeply implicated to be objective about your predicament. You may have escaped one cult, but you have ended up in another of your own making, and I fear for your spiritual well-being because of it. Unfortunately, you have not yet escaped the damage inflicted on you by the cult that originally entrapped you, but you should never lose hope of doing so.

For your own sake, seek out the help of your local evangelical pastor. You need rescuing from yourself, and whatever demons are still oppressing you. That may seem harsh and judgmental to you now, but believe me, I'm calling it as I see it out of love and concern for you. I also will pray for you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.516 sec, (1)