CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Married into Narcissistic family

Views: 33,302
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 2,005,693

Re: Married into Narcissistic family

I have just left my boyfriend of 3 full years and my best friend of 5 or 6 and reading this post has been a flashback into the incredible pain and abuse I felt during that time in my life. I am struggling to stay away because I truly, with all my heart, fell in love with their son. It took me this long to realize that he cannot have more than a superficial relationship because of almost 30 years of mental abuse and although I pity him and his inability to separate himself from his family, I can no longer subject myself to this.
For so long, he could not even recognize or admit to himself that his parents truly hated me. They manipulated him into believing I was crazy--to the point where I began to believe it myself. I have PTSD and I struggle to have confidence in my own decisions and judgements.
I know I cannot go back. But the loss of a best friend and real love in my life has been harder to bear than I ever imagined. I keep telling myself that I have made the happier decision for the rest of my life and that doors are now open to me that would have been shut forever. I struggle to imagine life without a man who made me laugh and my heart skip a beat. But then I remember that this same man was willing to subject me to this same abuse, knowing that it existed and knowing what it would do to me. I do not believe anyone deserves a lifetime of that. I think he recognized that, in the end, he is incapable of giving me the love I truly deserve--the damage his team of narcissistic parents have inflicted upon him have rendered him so. Because he cannot leave and in his heart is too far gone, he had to let me go.
I hope that anyone in the situation like mine or in the above one will see these posts and find the courage within themselves to get out. Run. There is nothing you can do. Be willing to break your own heart in order to save your mind, your body and your soul.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)