CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How did you get EC? Share your story

ECaccutane Views: 679
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,289,675

Re: How did you get EC? Share your story

I used to get chapped lips in my chlidhood but it would go away after a few days. I used to lick them but never got ec .
When I turned 18, I got Acne for which I took isotrtinion which is another name for accutane. After taking accutane,my lips would be very dry, I used to lick them and then lips started peeling and I used to remove the crusts with my teeth which traumatized them .
I visited the same dermatologist who prescribed me accutane; he told me apply any chapstick and the lips would become normal but it didn't . When I used to apply chapstick, the lips would become white when water touched them I used to just wipe it away with my fingers and then they would look inflammed and red .Next day again it would become white when it came in contact with water and again I would wipe it away and the peeling cycle started .
I visited the dermatalogist again and this time he gave me a lip moisturizer which also didn't stop the peeling . Then I stopped using the moisturizer daily and just used them in the 3rd night when there was enough crust on the lips and exfoliate them the next morning while brushing . The lips dont look bad on the 2nd and 3rd day but on the exfoliation day they look inflammed and red which is embarrassing .
Few days back I started the japanese treatment which is my 2nd attempt to cure it. 1st was hydrocortisone which worsened my lips.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.922 sec, (1)