CureZone   Log On   Join
Trauma Release Exercise

Matrix101 Views: 1,314
Published: 9 y

Trauma Release Exercise

Hello everyone,

I researched and compiled some hard-to-get information below that I truly hope will bring some benefit from this little known therapy called TRE or Trauma Release Exercise:

Dr. David Berceli has come up with a simple way to alleviate the suffering of those who have PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). He offers a suitable method to induce what is sometimes referred to as “neurogenic tremors” in the human body.

His technique is called the Tension Release Exercise or Trauma Releasing Exercises or just TRE for short. It is another excellent way to help re-balance the Autonomic Nervous System and get closer to the root of the problem.

This method has been used with thousands of soldiers, emergency organizations around the world, areas where natural disasters have occurred, and general populations in war-torn and politically oppressed countries. It has been taught as a way of addressing PTSD and more programs are being offered in the United States

“Every day, 22 veterans take their own lives. That’s a suicide every 65 minutes. As shocking as the number is, it may actually be higher.” — Department of Veterans Affairs

The statistics above were taken from 1999 through 2011 in 21 states. That’s a staggering 8030 veterans dying each year! David Berceli has found a method that is helpful for anxiety disorders, PTSD, general stress, and the myriad conditions caused by trauma. It has also been found to help decrease tremors and seizures in conditions like Parkinson’s, MS, restless leg syndrome, and Epilepsy.

On a positive note, athletes are also finding it to be great way to speed recovery after workouts. A common response from most people who do TRE’s is sleeping better and feeling more at peace. The key to the various benefits of TRE is that it is addressing the core reason for these problems and conditions instead of merely chasing symptoms.

Testimonial:

Frank B. has one of the most important and inspiring testimonials that I have read. He tells us that, “I have two military sons that have served in Bosnia and IRAQ. Both have returned with strong symptoms of PTSD but were unwilling to seek out professional psychological help. They will not discuss their war time experiences with anyone.”

“After hearing about Dr. Berceli’s Trauma Release Process and learning that physical exercises were the key, not years of verbal dialogue with therapists, I immediately ordered books for my entire family.” — Frank B.

“Although we have all benefited greatly from the exercises it was the psychological improvement of both military sons that was absolutely astounding. Being soldiers, they had no problem doing the exercises and both saw improvements within weeks. What a miracle! They continue to do the exercises and are amazed at the results. I can not thank Dr. Berceli enough for bringing peace back into their lives.”

The Theory:

Dr. David Berceli was looking for an easy way to relieve stress and trauma for humanity. In studying other mammals, he noted that every mammal except for humans has a natural way of relieving tension that is elicited during the fight/flight/freeze response. He discovered that humans have this capacity as well, only we have used our newer cognitive brain to subdue it.

From the sunrise website:

“Tension Releasing Exercises elicit neurogenic tremors to release the bodies tension and the resultant physical and emotional blocks that can be causing tension, anxiety, PTSD, and numerous other symptoms associated with holding patterns.” – Rick Stockwell

Dr. Berceli has developed a technique that elicits these neurogenic tremors in the human body quite effectively. It is said that fear and pain is something encoded in our DNA (if not our subconscious mind) and this method is available for all of us to tap into to find relief. The results in relieving chronic tension, trauma, and trapped physical and emotional patterns in the body can be amazing when experienced for oneself.

Example:

As anyone who has researched this method in the past knows this information has been almost non-existent and kept more or less hidden. Recently, Rick Stockwell has taken this program a step further and explains the principle behind this unique methodology in a comprehensive way. He explains that the best way to understand this comes from observing how animals shake their body after a frightening experience. If we own a dog, cat, or bird it may be easier to see how this behavior in the animal kingdom works.

“What they’re doing is something all mammals (including humans) have ingrained in their system as a way of ‘shaking off’ stress, anxiety, and fear. Once they are done shaking, the stress is gone from their body.” — Rick Stockwell

He goes on to say, “I’ll never forget our poor little poodle when we were huddling under an alcove in Utah as a huge clap of thunder rang out and lighting simultaneously struck just outside the alcove. The poor thing shook for almost 2 hours as my wife comforted her. But then she was done. It was out of her system, and she was back to normal. She didn’t hold onto that traumatic experience for years or decades like humans do.”

With this simple explanation, it seems quite apparent that animals have an innate ability to heal a traumatic experience and remove it completely out of their system without the pain of having a higher brain/mind that constantly stores that information.

The Method:

There are two known positions that we can gather from the all-too-brief Youtube videos. The first is lying down with legs butterflied open and the other is standing with your back up against the wall and sinking down slightly. For obvious reasons it is not good to do on your own. Of course, the temptation is there so make sure this is something you can handle all by yourself. If you are an intermediate or advanced yoga practitioner it might be alright to explore.

However, if you already have a severe trauma and are isolated without a good support-system then it is always best to err on the side of caution. If you believe that painful things might come up for you it is best to work with a qualified therapist to help you get through the heavy emotions together. As always you are more likely to gain more when you give and reach out for a little help.

Note: Years ago when I was working on this method, I could feel new neural patterns being formed along the spine. It was interesting to come to understand that rather than healing from top to bottom with other exercises (ie. standing stake, chi kung or boading balls) it was the opposite.

1st variation: Laying flat on your back, butterfly position, let gravity take the weight of your legs. Next, move your lower limbs in the opposite direction ever so slightly. You should start to feel tremors kick in spontaneously. This tends to be isolated only within the leg area.

2nd variation: Laying flat on your back, butterfly position, let gravity take the weight of your legs. Keep your lower limbs off the ground at an angle. This time press your feet together or push them towards the ground (with just a slight force). This has the amazing affect of movement resonating throughout your whole upper body and spine as spontaneous shaking occurs.

It is quite thrilling once you get the hang of it. And with some contemplation, you can figure ways to work the other portions of your body and limbs as well.

Good luck!
Neo

Click here for links & other info:
https://neozen888.wordpress.com/2015/11/17/trauma-release-exercise/

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.141 sec, (4)