CureZone   Log On   Join
Possible cure for foot odour

livininhope Views: 410
Published: 7 years ago

Possible cure for foot odour

Found some more info on zinc that might be useful in relation to bromihidrosis see below.
I have just ordered some liquid zinc from amazon and I am going to try this method on my feet. Praying it works.

Zinc Therapy in Dermatology: A Review
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/drp/2014/709152/

6.6. Bromhidrosis
Bromhidrosis is a common disorder characterized by foul smelling sweat. A strong odor is usually associated with increased bacterial flora, usually of Corynebacterium sp. Topical antibacterials and antiperspirants are the treatment of choice along with maintenance of good hygiene. Owing to its antibacterial action, topical zinc sulphate has been tried and found effective in the management of axillary bromhidrosis and plantar malodor [20, 21]. Sharquie et al. [21] in a single blinded placebo controlled therapeutic trial studied the efficacy of 15% zinc sulphate solution for foot malodor. Zinc sulfate solution 15% was applied to sole and toe-webs once daily for two weeks and three times per week for next two weeks followed by single application weekly as maintenance after clearance of odor for two months. Fifty-eight patients received zinc sulphate solution while other 50 patients received a placebo solution. Thirty-five of the 50 (70%) patients who completed the study showed complete clearance of foot odor as compared to only 1 (2%) subject in placebo group and the difference was statistically significant.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

5.078 sec, (1)