CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dyshidrotic Eczema Cure - Pompholyx Cure: What worked!

Views: 179,586
Published: 9 y

This is a reply to # 1,467,982

Re: Dyshidrotic Eczema Cure - Pompholyx Cure: What worked!

Dear all,

I finally cured my pompholyx and wanted to share in the hopes it helps someone else with this awful disease.

Mine was of the severe form on my feet that prevented me from walking at times; I suffered for 6 months sometimes with severe pain.

1. Ensure any active fungal or staph infections have been treated with Antibiotics or as needed otherwise the condition cannot stabilise.

2. Dermol 500 lotion 500ml prescribed from doctor: In the weeping form of blistering the aim is to convert to the dry cracked form with harder blisters. Soak feet (I used a plastic washing up bowl) in about 2 tablespoons of dermol with hot water. In the beginning I also washed the feet in soap to further dry the skin out. Do this for 10 minutes I did 3 x daily at first then to once nightly. Putting vinegar in the mix can help further dry it out.

3. Clobetasol 0.05% cream steroid prescribed from doctor: thinnish layer over skin. Then place feet into 100% cotton socks. Leave 1 hour.

4. Flexitol heel balm general and diabetic foot care (I bought from Savers): use when feet have dried out and are in the cracking stages, don’t use before this. Place on after steroid cream 1 hour treatment. Place in 100% cotton socks for at least one hour. I then applied another layer on before bed and left without socks overnight.

I hope this helps someone,

x

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.406 sec, (1)