CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Scared to Continue Iodine
lovetospreadtheword Views: 2,323
Published: 7 years ago
This is a reply to # 2,235,129

Re: Scared to Continue Iodine

Hi, Gabe --
Good for you for doing your research and starting iodine! My main question is: Are you also taking the companion nutrients?? This is really important. You probably know this and are doing it, but I'm mentioning it just in case. Iodine therapy actually means taking a combination of supplements -- at least 3,000 milligrams of vitamin C, magnesium, selenium, in the right doses -- and that together they support the Iodine and help your body really use it to the max. Here's a link where you can find a really good description of the companion nutrients:

You probably know all of what I'm about to write, too, but just in case :-) Every single cell in your body has an Iodine receptor, in other words a way to absorb iodine. Our cells need iodine. And certain parts of the body need it even more than others. The skin is one part of the body that needs iodine, and the kind of iodine it especially needs is potassium Iodide (Lugol's solution, the gold standard for iodine therapy, is 10% potassium iodide, 5% iodine and 85% purified water).

Iodine is part of a group of minerals called halogens. Unlike iodine, which we need, the other minerals in the halogen group are toxic to humans. What we know from research is that in 21st century America there are a lot of these toxic halogens around. These are things like chlorine and fluoride -- which are in tap water and in most toothpastes. And, as you have probably noticed, there is a lot of publicity saying that fluoride is good for you -- go figure! Another toxic halogen is bromine -- found in some types of Gatorade, for example.

Using iodine therapy you can kick the toxic halogens out of your receptors but it may take a while, depending on several factors, like how much toxic halogen you are exposed to. So avoiding things that have toxic halogens will help your iodine therapy. Don't drink unfiltered tap water if you can help it. If you have access to water that comes out of a tap with a filter that filters out chlorine, fluoride and other nasties, that is best, even better than drinking filtered water that you buy in plastic bottles, because most plastic leaches into the water stuff that is not good for you either (that's another story). Use non-fluoride toothpaste. Don't use Gatorade. You get the idea.

While iodine is kicking out the toxic halogens these bad guys can sometimes cause unpleasant symptoms. You need * unrefined * salt -- like pink Himalayan salt or Redmond's salt (I've seen the pink salt at Trader Joe's, for example) take a half teaspoon of that in half a cup of water - drink it down. Then chug 16 ounces of filtered water. That should get rid of the toxic symptoms. Description of salt protcol here:

Here's a list of symptoms that people sometimes get while iodine is kicking out the bad guys, just so you'll know what's going on if any of these come up:

As you have seen in the files, iodine is good for getting rid of candida. I have read that for candida people combine iodine therapy with also taking boron - 9 milligrams a day of boron is a therapeutic dose -- twin labs plain boron is what was recommended to me by Trapper. And vitamin D3 also helps against candida. Search on boron and candida on this site. In fact there is a whole boron conversation going on and it is powerful against candida.

Another thing I have read is that you can take potassium Iodide and put it on your scalp directly -- check to see how long -- and that gets rid of dandruff. I think that was Grizz. Potassium Iodide is known as white iodine -- it will not stain clothes. You can buy it from Trapper on this site, on amazon, or I have also read that you can take Lugol's and add vitamin C powder to it and it will turn clear and this is potassium iodide. I think on this site it was Grizz who wrote about using it and got rid of dandruff. Not sure about using it on eyebrows directly. You would want to be really careful with your eyes. You can use a natural bristle paintbrush and paint it on your eyebrows -- don't use a paintbrush with plastic-based bristles cause that could give you weird chemicals that you don't want.

btw, from my calculations it sounds like you are taking 187.5 mg of iodine a day. According to Trapper on here that is a good dose. You can calculate Lugol's dosages using this chart:

Take care and keep on keepin' on!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!


Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022

1.688 sec, (3)