CureZone   Log On   Join
Can flatulence be triggered by anxiety?

MichaelGB Views: 1,060
Published: 9 y

Can flatulence be triggered by anxiety?

It seems that whenever I'm in a social situation where I don't want to pass wind, I do (as soon as I think about it.)

It almost seems this must have some psychosomatic, or psychological cause, but how is that possible?

It's my understanding that flatus is caused by intestinal bacteria and swallowed air, so how could the gas always be there ready to escape whenever I think of it?

How could the passing of gas be triggered by nerves, anxiety, or fear of embarrassment if the build up of the gas is a process involving my eating habits and the bacteria in my gut?about it.)

It almost seems this must have some psychosomatic, or psychological cause, but how is that possible?

It's my understanding that flatus is caused by intestinal bacteria and swallowed air, so how could the gas always be there ready to escape whenever I think of it?

How could the passing of gas be triggered by nerves, anxiety, or fear of embarrassment if the build up of the gas is a process involving my eating habits and the bacteria in my gut?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)