I have magnets on my 2 bottles just in case it helps. As far as taste I don't care I put my Iodine in our coffee and we can't taste it. Of course now we can discuss should you only take it in water. I know when we started out it did not matter how you took it, I have put it at one time also in a glass of wine.
As far as magnets in general I once tried magnets for my aches and pains and it did not do anything. What got rid off it was the liver flush. That is why I try a lot of things since there is always a chance that something might work for me.
Magnets are cheap and you keep refilling your bottle so you only have to buy them once. Still it would be nice to know if it does work.