CureZone   Log On   Join
What Worked For Me - Part 1: Candida Protocol

frostymug Views: 9,700
Published: 7 years ago

What Worked For Me - Part 1: Candida Protocol

Healing the Gut and Liver

I am going to give you a chronological protocol on how to deal with candidiasis. I wish I had done it this way when I first started dealing with it. I want to repeat something I posted earlier on this topic. A strict diet is an absolute must. No matter what else you do, you will not see real progress until you adopt a strict diet. However, a strict diet alone will not conquer the problem. You can’t “starve the yeast” without killing yourself. You really don’t know how severe your problem is so just assume it is severe. That way, even if it turns out to be not so severe, your recovery will be much faster than normal. Yeast can change and adapt to anti-yeast measures over time. So don’t dawdle or dally with treatment. Go for the jugular. Start your strict diet immediately and religiously. Also, don’t think about drinking diet drinks, even flavored waters that have artificial sweeteners. They are hard on the gut and prevent healing. I drink purified water or unsweetened, unflavored almond milk exclusively.

Like I said earlier, candidiasis creates leaky gut which causes a cascade of allergies and immune responses that can overwhelm the body. The next thing that must be started immediately is healing the gut. We need to heal and repair the damage that candida has done to the gut (intestinal walls). First, don’t eat spicy or really sour foods. Next, if you are taking antacid drugs like Nexium, Zantac, Prevacid, Prilosec, Pepcid, etc., stop taking them. This may seem like strange advice so you may be asking why. It is important to maintain an acid stomach. Acid in the stomach is the first line of defense against pathogens entering the gut. Remove the acid with those drugs and you are inviting all sorts of nasties to attack you. If you have heartburn or sour stomach, take something like magnesium oxide tablets 250 mg. They will reduce the stomach acid to tolerable levels but not neutralize it completely like the drugs will.

There are supplements you can take to heal the gut and reduce its leakiness.

1) L-glutamine. Take 1 teaspoonful (4 grams) three times a day. The powder form is much cheaper than capsules. Glutamine is also fuel for the brain and will give mental clarity and help clear up brain fog.
2) DGL (Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice Root) 750 mg. capsules. Take 2 capsules 3 times a day.
3) Slippery Elm Bark Powder. Take ½ teaspoonful three times a day or 1 gram three times a day if taking capsules.
4) Vitamins A, D, and E. Crucial for health of skin and general immunity. Vitamin A: 25000 I.U. twice a day. Vitamin D: 5000 I.U. a day. Vitamin E: 400 I.U. of d-alph tocopherol a day.

Liver Support

The first thing I want to mention is that you need to keep the contents of the gut moving. Yeast causes constipation which allows the yeast to linger in the gut and do its dirty work. We don’t want to cause diarrhea since that causes loss of electrolytes and fluids but we do want to have a bowel movement once a day. Two times a day is even better. Don’t take harsh laxatives like Ex-lax or Dulcolax. People who take those become dependent on them. And the stools are way too watery. My preference on laxatives is:
1) Coconut oil. 3 tablepoonfuls a day.
2) Xylitol. The only artificial sweetner that not only won’t aggravate yeast but attacks the biofilm yeast uses to evade antifungals and the immune system. Dose varies for each individual. Take 1 teaspoonful a day and increase up to 3 teaspoonfuls a day if tolerated.
3) Senekot. This is a herbal laxative. Also marketed under the name Swiss Kriss. Very mild and gentle. I take 2 tablets 12 hours apart. There are generics of Senekot that are MUCH cheaper. They sit on the shelf next to Senekot. I buy those.

I am not suggesting you take all of the above in the dosages listed. Start low and increase till you hit what’s right for you. I however do take nearly the above dosages because that is what I need. You may or may not be like me. I take 2 Tbs. coconut oil, 2 tsp. xylitol and 4 Senekot tablets a day.

The next important thing to start immediately is to help the liver do its job of detoxifying the blood. Yeast creates toxins most notably acetaldehyde. Alcoholics who die of cirrhosis of the liver are victims of this toxin. Yeast also produces ammonia and tartaric acid which must be eliminated by the liver. Yeast overgrowth coupled with leaky gut overwhelms the liver in its ability to eliminate these toxins. And later when you start attacking the yeast, the dead yeast will release lots of toxins almost immediately. This is die-off. Necessary but hard on the liver.

Supplements to take to support the liver:

Vitamin C: Master detoxifier and immune builder. I take 6 grams a day. I take 1 gram tablets that are time released. One at bedtime, one at waking in the morning, then one every 4 hours till bedtime again.

Molybdenum. A mineral which in necessary for an enzyme the liver uses to metabolize (render harmless) acetaldehyde. Very critical for people suffering from yeast infection. Take 1 milligram (1000 micrograms) twice a day. I take the brand Moly-B by Carlson. Helps the liver as well as clears up brain fog.

Milk Thistle Extract. A herbal preparation that also helps the liver detoxify. I take 1200 mg. twice a day.

N-acetyl Cysteine. A component necessary for the body to make glutathione which is another of the body’s master antioxidants. Prevents damage to liver by toxins. Take 500 mg. twice a day.

Alpha Lipoic Acid. Another compound that detoxifies and prevents liver damage. Take 500 mg. per day.

You should remain on the above protocol for a full month before progressing on to attacking the yeast with antifungals. Your body is weak from the ravages of candida and you need to build it back up first. My next post will be about antifungals and what I have learned about them.

If you missed my previous post about my background in discovering and dealing with my own yeast issues you can read that post here:
//www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=2207315

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

1.109 sec, (3)