CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: So I married a sociopath...

peaceplease7 Views: 1,259
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,205,665

Re: So I married a sociopath...

You can't 'see' me, hon. Seriously. And that is a very good example of taking inventory.

Perhaps if I ask for advice then it should be given. I don't need to make stipulations in real support groups. I don't need to make stipulations with friends, family or even my therapist. I don't ask my own clients or students, because my main career for 16 years is in education/behavior modification, to stipulate they don't need help, just that they do. And if they stumble or seem in need of something I say 'do you need help?' without assuming they do.

You didn't ask how I felt. And when I stated it clearly in text you still didn't ask, but assumed the opposite. That's your stuff. Not mine.

Its common for people to 'help people' as an avoidance of their own stuff. Its why I started going to CoDA at the end of my marriage, because I recognized the 'slime' (as its well put on the 180rule website) was creeping into my own work and going to the rooms helped and still does keep me steady in the job function and expertise that is expected of me.

Notice, I am still using I statements. And not assuming your feelings. And am not raw.

I am conversing. As a peer. Not your client.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.516 sec, (1)