CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: The Living God speaks to His children directly.

Mighty.Sun.Tzu Views: 1,117
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,197,079

Re: The Living God speaks to His children directly.

Hi Thorns,

Regarding bill johnson quotes, if he speaks a truth, i will feel free to quote it even when i do not believe everything he has ever said or done. Why would anyone hesitate to quote a perfect truth from an individual merely because the individual is not perfect?

You said, "You say when we apply this objective measurement, that we are Bible worshipers or idolaters."

Seems you have fundamentally misunderstood what i have said constitutes bible idolatry. It's when people believe that God no longer speaks to His children and that His living voice has been REPLACED by the bible. Is this something you believe? The girl in the video actually rejected the idea that God speaks through His living voice today, that He stopped speaking once the bible was written. This is what i know to be bible idolotry. While the bible is a good thing, it is being misused by many, being asked to replace God's Living Voice and God's personal leading. It's not the bible's fault it is being treated as an idol, causing people to reject God's Living voice just as the pharisees had done, it's man's!! :^).

As i have said many times before, i believe the bible is a very useful tool and general awareness of its truths will go a long way in helping people to know truth from lies and holiness from unholiness as they walk out their lives in the Spirit. (However, let's keep in mind that it did not have this effect on the Pharisees, nor does it for people today within christianity following in the pharisees Spirit quenching footsteps). It introduces us to Jesus the Savior and Lord and His teachings, all of which is amazing and the Lord will often draw people unto Him in intimate relationship partly through the reading of the bible, combined with Him moving directly in their hearts. The bible does not, however, REPLACE, the leading of the Spirit and God's living voice and at some point, people need to drive the Lamborghini, not avoid driving it while continuing only to read, study and memorize the manual. The pharisees never got behind the wheel of the Lamborghini and many people attempting to follow Lord Jesus today are being held back by that very same religious Spirit quenching mentality.

Blessings.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.375 sec, (2)