CureZone   Log On   Join
SIBO caused by fructose malabsorption... help???

margo11 Views: 5,881
Published: 8 years ago

SIBO caused by fructose malabsorption... help???

Hi, I've been struggling with chronic migraines and nausea and bloating for two years. I've been gluten free and lactose free and now finally trying to be grain and starch free.

A few weeks ago my symptoms suddenly got much worse and I finally realized I have fructose malabsorption. I think it has suddenly become very severe and brought back bacterial overgrowth for which I was previously treated. My family spent a lot of money on naturopathy for that treatment and I don't want to pay those expensive fees all over again.

I was previously treated with oregon grape root and uva ursi natural antimicrobials, but I'm not sure if I still have the same kind of bad bacteria that those were meant to target seeing as my symptoms have also changed since that time. (More bloating, less nausea, less toilet trouble)

Right now as far as I know, I can only tolerate meat, oil, buckwheat, very very limited low fructose green vegetables, seeds, and grapefruit.

I've read that fiber is very important to act as a prebiotic, but I've also read that those with fructmal cannot tolerate prebiotics, and I myself have had a lot of trouble with fibrous foods and starches. I definitely cannot tolerate gluten, potatoes, and oats, and I also have trouble with vegetables and rice, maybe also the effects of leaky gut? Can anyone help me figure out a good source of carbohydrate/fiber prebiotic?

I am considering Bentonite clay, peppermint oil, coconut oil, and/or possibly asking my GI for Antibiotics to remove the bacterial overgrowth. And I'd like to try non-dairy kefir as a probiotic.

I also want to take some supplements for immunity which might help recover from infection. I'm thinking non-lactose colostrum and vitamin D.

I've also read that a Liver Flush would be beneficial. How would I go about that and what exactly are the benefits?

Please, any suggestions at all would be great!!! Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.781 sec, (1)