CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Peeling Lips Forum Paradoxes

longterm Views: 4,570
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,182,341

Re: Peeling Lips Forum Paradoxes

You just made me think of something when you mentioned steroid hormones. Although a different kind of hormone, babies often get Seborrheic Dermatitis in the first year because they have more hormones in their system from the mother. I thought of how girls are getting periods at a younger age due to all these hormones in food, which food didn't have in the past. I wonder if some people here are dealing with Seborrheic Dermatitis or EC because of increased hormones in system from food. It probably isn't the sole factor, but it isn't helping since hormones can make sebaceous glands overactive.

I agree that people shouldn't turn to steroids to treat their lip condition long term. But, there was someone with celiac disease who was able to speed up the healing of her lips by using a steroid cream short term while she stared a gluten-free diet.

I would also like to find an alternative treatment that can stop allergic skin reactions and inflammation in the body like some antidepressants. I think the antidepressants discussed in EC management must have been cyclic antidepressants. The recommended low dose might be 25 mg. If one can't find the allergic cause or source of inflammation, cyclic antidepressants might help them live a normal life again. Again, I would like to find a substitute for cyclic antidepressants if there is one. Dr. Weil would probably know. He had a substitute for Prednisone, but we need one for cyclic antidepressants to avoid side effects like any drug.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

2.953 sec, (1)