CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Major Demodex infestation. I worry I'm killing my skin when I try to kill the mites. Also feeling alone and scared and overwhelmed.

Burnitdown Views: 22,296
Published: 7 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,164,679

Re: Major Demodex infestation. I worry I'm killing my skin when I try to kill the mites. Also feeling alone and scared and overwhelmed.

Hey girl I'm in the same boat as you. I have been on anti depressants for a long time now but I don't believe they caused it. I too pick my face (or used to) but I think what started my infestation was pulling my hair out on my head. Last summer I went through a breakup and started pulling and haven't stopped. I believe they were there before but I cross contaminated my pillow while pulling, as I usually did this in bed at night and soon after my eyes would start to itch. Before I found out about demodex I really thought I was allergic to my own dander! I take adderall which doesn't help knowing I have these nasty mites bc I get rather OCD myself and tend to spend all night pacing around thinking only of them crawling and freaking out. I think you should keep at it. It's a process of getting them out. I started using neem soap bar (20% neem) I can give you the full name if you want it. It burns like all hell and you have to NOT use a washcloth or scrub with it. It feels like I put paint thinner on my skin. But it works. I just began a week ago. My skin is raw and dry and I have eczema around and on my eyelids and they are so swollen and dried out. What I reccomend (which is what I'm ordering right now and I'll let you know how it works) is 100% pure cold pressed avocado butter, 100% cold pressed extra virgin coconut oil, and 100% pure cold pressed Argan oil. You can get these individually on certain credible organic websites. You mix them all in a blender and have the option of adding a natural preservative like citric acid to keep it for longer amount of time. It should come out to be a thick cream lotion and it will have the greatest amount of moisturizing with the added anti bacterial properties of the coconut oil to take care of everything at once. I'm a well educated graduate and I only do heavy research before trying anything. Do not use any of these ingredients unless they are organic and 100% pure cold pressed. Not simply "expeller pressed" they need to be cold pressed, unrefined to get all the benefits. Neem is extremely drying if you have sensitive skin, but a lot less irritating then tea tree. I honestly feel neem is more potent at killing demodex. Use neem soap on your body and face and get some organic boring unscented base shampoo/conditioner and add some tea tree or neem oil (again, 100% cold pressed organic) to the shampoo. Don't go crazy with how much you add. You don't need much for the effects to work. Look up the correct mixtures on google for adding tea tree or neem to shampoo! Let me know if you need anymore help, don't worry I'm going through it too, and it's ridiculously time consuming and tiresome and I'm emotionally drained about it. Especially in terms of how my skin looks.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

3.406 sec, (2)