Thanks metohelp. I do burn a lot of candles and I also love to burn incents and place them in front of a fan so that it fills up the whole room. But all of this when I do it evaporates quickly so that when I leave the room and come back say ten minutes later, there's nothing. My daughter says the same thing.
We actually discovered this week that air from the outside hallway blows in to the apartment. We pinned up towelettes at the door and it was flapping like crazy. Who knows if this is the problem though. I do find if I spray Fabreeze by the front it evaporates very quickly.
So what I'm doing today is purchasing draft guards or something to put all around the door that keeps this air out.