CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: took a bath in Dettol today
 
Malodorsyndrome Views: 7,168
Published: 9 years ago
 
This is a reply to # 2,164,320

Re: took a bath in Dettol today


Toxicity[edit]
Humans[edit]
As with other manufactured household cleaners, Dettol has the potential for causing lethal toxicity. It is poisonous when ingested and even when it is unintentionally inhaled.

In a case report, a 42-year-old British man died from Dettol overexposure in May 2007. The autopsy was not able to conclude whether the lethal exposure to Dettol was via ingestion or inhalation.[3]

Animals[edit]
Dettol is toxic to many animals, especially cats.[4] Dettol contains phenols. Phenols are of particular concern because cats are unable to eliminate the toxins following ingestion. A cat may swallow the product by licking his paws after they have come into contact with it. - Wikipedia
 

 
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!


 

Donate to CureZone


CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com


Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  curezone.org

1.734 sec, (1)