WARNING: This is my first post ever, before I get into the meat of it, I want to say that some of what I mention might be TMI for some, and I apologize.
Hello everyone, I've been rummaging CZ and other places for several weeks/months now, and finally got brave enough to post and ask for help.
I was born disabled, due to critical Depression and other factors, I've been overweight since I was 12 years old, I just turned 30 a few months ago, and I am now beyond the "critically obese" state. Just over five feet tall, over 250 pounds. Naturally this has led to full blown or beginning stages of several issues including high blood pressure, rapid heartbeat (I can only imagine how much stress i'm putting on my heart every moment of every day, not to mention how clogged it must be) high cholesterol/triglycerides etc. I am trying desperately hard to turn things around, but I don't know where to start.
I've gotten to the point where I'm actually scared to exercise in any meaningful way because I'm afraid it'll push my blood pressure or my heart itself too far. I'm on Lisinopril for the BP, but I always forget to take it for days or weeks at a time, so it never gets a chance to do anything for me. Changing my diet is no problem, except that I have to rely a lot on frozen fruits and vegetables instead of fresh because of my location and the price, since right now I'm on an SSI/food stamp budget. I'm the kind of person that has always had trouble dropping weight and fat.
Part of my weight loss issues in recent months/years have been I believe due to a clogged liver/gall system, I passed a kidney stone almost the size of my thumbnail when I was 19...so I can only imagine the disaster area that my liver and gall must be. I want to try a flush protocol, but I'm scared of that because the final stage requires enemas, and I don't trust myself to do that without harming myself somehow, nor is there anyone I can trust enough to do it for me. The other option on that particular protocol is Epsom Salt laxatives, which I would be willing to do, but I dunno if this is a case of "some cleans is better than no cleanse at all" or not.
My weight and poor health have contributed to other minor problems too, including very strong BO, bad breath, skin tags, and psoriasis/ Seborrheic Dermatitis on my scalp and hairline (thank goodness for a VERY understanding girlfriend).
1. I have read on here and other places about cleansing the whole body in stages, first being the colon. Problem is, since I'm scared of enemas, I feel like I can't do that. Given how dire my situation is, is this a case where a cleanse without enemas would be better than no cleanse at all?
2. Are there any natural remedies that, once I start dropping weight, can help remove buildup from my heart or at least prevent the problem from getting worse?
3. Same question, but regarding blood pressure
4. Same question, but regarding liver
5. Epsom salt/borax baths. I have heard wondrous things about the health benefits, but also some scary things from others regarding effects on BP, etc. Do the benefits outweigh the risks in you folks' opinion?
The reason I want to focus on natural remedies, is because my general health doctor is a classic assembly line type. He comes in, looks at the info the nurse types for him, asks a few questions and leaves, last time I was there he actually called me by a different name when he left, despite him being my doctor for three years now. Of course, I'm stuck on a Medicaid HMO, and one of the lowest paying ones at that, so I'm sure he just wants to get to his money making customers quicker.
I appreciate any advice/encouragement/reassurance you folks can offer.