CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What research shows that urine ph reflects blood ph

saywhatagain Views: 5,984
Published: 10 y

This is a reply to # 2,146,035

Re: What research shows that urine ph reflects blood ph

Hey, I totally, agree with you about this being the age of information and disinformation, you hit the nail on the head with that one. I believe our current age is pealing back the layer of complete darkness and ignorance but it is not being replaced with complete truth it is being replaced with half-truths and illusion. You can already get a preview of what is to come with many new-age movements and alternative medicine practices that are popping up. I believe that once the old age collapses completely, these new-age movements will grow exponentially. If you think there are a lot of phony (and many times somewhat insane) spiritual gurus and health gurus out there now, just wait.

Everything that I understand has come from using the principles of ayurveda. Ayurveda teaches that there are three underlying forces of nature, earth, fire, and air. Earth is mainly alkalizing and is increased by most types of simple and complex carbohydrates and dairy (among other things). Fire is mainly acidifying and is increased by meat and substances that are sour and pungent (spicy hot). I have been eating a diet very high in carbohydrates (mainly grains, legumes, fruits and veggies, including supposedly acidifying veggies) for the past 4 years or so and have had ZERO problems with acidity. Actually, even the fad 'alkalizing' diets worked for me for a while until I realized I was basically starving myself and developed some severe nutritional deficiencies. It was at this point that I added large amounts of healthy carbohydrates into my diet and acidity was never even an issue on my radar.

Again, the 'science' of the 'alkalizing' gurus, if it can be called science, is only based on the immediate effects on the body after digestion, it has nothing to do with cellular nutrition that takes place many hours if not days after ingesting a substance.

While I don't believe that modern nutrition has all the answers. Current nutrition based on chemistry and physiology in the human body finds no correlation between consuming carbohydrates or milk and acidosis. However, modern nutrition does see a correlation between high fat and high meat diets and acidosis.

Aside from all of this, again I believe the key point is that a properly functioning digestive system is the main aspect that regulates proper acid/alkaline balance in the body. Ayurveda identifies that every person is different and will require a specific diet for themselves personally. In ayurveda, some people should purposely eat foods that increase fire (or acidity) in the body, which will in turn increase the digestive fire and decrease overall acidosis in the body. If the digestive system is not working properly, almost all substances become not only acidifying but toxic.

As far as milk goes, I'm not going to try to convince you one way or the other if you should drink it or not. Milk is basically all the nutrients that exist in a cow's blood minus the red blood cells. If it is completely unprocessed in its natural state, I believe it is very nutritious but only if it can be digested. Again if digestion is impaired, milk and most other substances become toxic.

As far as my understanding goes, nuts would be mainly acidifying to the body (as with all unsaturated fats) but that doesn't mean we shouldn't eat them. It means we shouldn't eat them in large quantities (again in ayurveda it varies depending on the individual). Nuts are very nutritious and a small amount goes a long way. Peanuts have very little nutritional value, the best are walnuts and almonds. Even better are pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, not acidifying from my viewpoint.

I know I am throwing a lot of information at you and you have no reason to trust my crazy theories compared to all the other crazy theories out there, but anyway just food for thought and see if anything clicks with your understanding.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.203 sec, (2)