CureZone   Log On   Join
From what am I suffering?

inflamedandannoyed Views: 1,814
Published: 10 y

From what am I suffering?

Hi all,

I'm a 21 year old female suffering from lip problems since I was about 19. It started in the winter and I noticed my lips get inflamed during the winter more so than the warmer months.

I also suffer from chronic eczema on my body and stress related GERD and have been on SSRI to help. I am not on the SRI at the moment and I didn't notice a relationship (or paid attention) between my skin and medication.

My symptoms: itchy lips that are red and swollen when scratched. Then the delicate skin would get scratched off or peel off and the area would leak a clear fluid. Crust would form and the cycle begins again. I would also get angular chelitis but not the hardened skin that is exfoliative chelitis. At best, the area feels dry to touch. The area affected is my lips and the skin around it.

I've seen multiple dermatologists and were misdiagnosed as having perioral dermatitis and was given Antibiotics that caused my lips to have brown spots. The last deem I saw gave me tacrolimus bc he believed it was chemical irritation from long term skin product use. Can you help confirm that and give suggestions on how to treat it?

Many thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.063 sec, (1)