CureZone   Log On   Join
Iodine causing chest pressure and breathlessness

mumnz Views: 5,909
Published: 9 years ago

Iodine causing chest pressure and breathlessness

Some advice please. I am taking Iodine for fibrocystic breasts. I have all the symptoms of hypothryroidism except I am not overweight, more underwieght. My doctor doesn't know much about Iodine supplementation unfortunately but said to go ahead as recent blood tests showed no probs with my thyroid. So started taking Lugol's at 12.5mg per day, After 2 weeks started getting scary heart pressure and breathlessness, and hot flushes and sweats. I stopped taking the Lugols. Yes I am taking magnesium, selenium, Vit C and salt. Also liver and adrenal support. After the symptoms settled I started again just on 1 x drop per day, 6.25mg. On the second day the chest pressure and breathlessness appeared again. So I have stopped and am too scared to start again. So I am confused, am I detoxing? or am I not hypothyroid? Are there tests I should take first to ascertain if I am barking up the wrong tree with the iodine? Its just I have all the other symptoms of Iodine deficiency. I am 43 years old and also high in heavy metals so could be these detoxing of course. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

2.188 sec, (1)