CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Is Anyone Else Currently Trying To Just Leave Their Lips Alone?

DepressedLips Views: 1,915
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,126,426

Re: Is Anyone Else Currently Trying To Just Leave Their Lips Alone?

Scarecrow yes I know that skin is supposed to heal faster with moisture but I have already tried using vaseline, aquaphor and other moisturizers on my lips but all they end up doing is making my crusts too soft and moist so when I sleep the crusts are wiped off, which I believe is similar to peeling the lips?

Also i'm not leaving them completely alone since my lips usually get water on them when I take a shower, I also wash my lips gently every day and if my lips ever feel too dry during the day, i'll usually just apply a little bit of water to them.

I do think you're right about the crusts (or hard skin) pulling the healthy skin but that's why it's important to trim the hard skin when it becomes detached from the lips. Usually the edges will come loose so I just use some nail clippers to trim it off, if you trim frequently the hard skin won't get too attached to the healthy skin growing underneath.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

2.016 sec, (1)