CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Is Anyone Else Currently Trying To Just Leave Their Lips Alone?

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Scarecrow Views: 2,012
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,126,344

Re: Is Anyone Else Currently Trying To Just Leave Their Lips Alone?

I might have some useful information for you guys, although I know it can dissapoint some of you.

I am after Photodynamic Therapy on my upper lip and I went to my doctor today, 8 days after the procedure. He told me and his lovely assistants that leaving lips without moisture is a very bad idea. It only causes the bad - hard skin (I call it a "shell") to pull the healthy skin and it takes 3 times more for skin to heal without any moisture. They suggested that I should use clean white vaseline. I have also Fordyce Spots and I was worried if the vaseline could filled the oil glands with anything. They told me it's impossible because the vaseline isn't getting anywhere deeper than the plain surface of the skin and it only creates a wet enviroment for the skin to heal faster. If you guys don't have such thing as Fordyce Spots I would suggest Cetaphil, if you haven't used it yet. There are some informations on the net that it isn't the best thing for the lips but as I remember, when I used it on my lips while taking isotretinoin (ACCUTANE), it worked the best for the lips.

What you shouldn't do totally, regarding "leaving them alone", you shouldn't take of the skin by your own, just leave it until the flakes come of on their own - at the shower, while brushing teeth etc. You MUSTN'T BITE THEM EVER or PICK THEM! Because you're not only taking away the dead skin but a very thin layer of your healthy skin and that creates the cycle. With other products that I had already tried (I'm having it on my lips at the moment) is XERIAL 5%

http://en.labo-svr.com/products/xerial-5-creme-visage/

My doctor suggested this and you know what? It doesn't burn like vaseline. It's very good for the most sensitive skin.

Try it. I know this topic is about leaving skin alone, but leaving it to more drying isn't the best way. I remember when I took accutane and my hands were so dry I developed brown scabs all over them. I used Cetaphil for my lips but when I had too much of it on my fingers I wiped my hands with it and in few days 2-3, the scabs were gone.

And let the repeat the most important thing my doctor told me today: IN WET ENVIRONMENT SKIN HEALS 3 times faster THAN-> left alone without anything. And the other thing: HARD, DEAD SKIN PULLS the healthy skin along leaving it in worse condition.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

1.625 sec, (2)