CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: I might as well be from Mars

ericbakker Views: 2,188
Published: 11 y

This is a reply to # 2,079,626

Re: I might as well be from Mars

Thanks North. Most folks have little notion of the word "stress", which essentially implies ANY deviation form the body's physiological norm. Cortisol levels are a good indication of what is going on, and yes, the funny thing is that most folks never correlate stress with any bowel complaint, and that is because they have learned to live a life in their own particular way.

After having seen and treated many, many patients, you'd be surprised how many folks I've seen who never, ever perceive to have or even believe they live under any stressful events that may or can be implicated in their digestive issues. I was one of them. I lectured to a class of twenty health-care professionals today about adrenal fatigue, and heard the same from a medical doctor who specializes in stress-related gut issues.

IBS is predominantly stress related, and many (a high percentage) of constipation and diarrhea have their root cause in autonomic dysfunction - but here's the kicker - you don't have to have this dysfunction RIGHT at the time of the digestive problem. Stress has a way of undermining endocrine (adrenalin & cortisol in this case) and the flow on effect is (days or even weeks or sometimes months later) a health problem.

Cancer will often be initiated 12 to 18 months AFTER a major stressful event, even though this is certainly not constipation, the cause and long delayed effect is an example of how stress can switch on oncogenes. Do the research into ANS dysfunction and constipation, especially when it comes to adrenals/thyroid, you might be as surprised as I was to learn about the connection. And guess what my friend? NO pills required if that's the case.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.188 sec, (1)