CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fecal Matter Transfer

Views: 1,065
Published: 8 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,030,122

Re: Fecal Matter Transfer

I already posted about this, but the post hasn't come through yet. We did this for my husband after 6 weeks of diarrhea after antibiotics with good success (it took almost a week after the FT for the stools to be completely back to normal.)We didn't use antibiotics, but as I said, he had already had antibiotics, that's what caused the problem. He was already cleaned out by the diarrhea, but you might want to do a regular enema first to get excess stool out. We used about a pint or maybe a cup and a half of distilled water with 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt to approximate normal saline. I mixed it with a plastic spoon and we discovered the hard way that you MUST filter the larger particles out or the openings in the tubing will get clogged. We also had it warmed up a little to try to get it close to body temp. We did it at bedtime so that he would be lying down for a long time after to let the fluid migrate as far a possible up the large intestine.

Hope this helps!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.672 sec, (1)