CureZone   Log On   Join
Reactions to GABA and SAMe - why?

Views: 7,410
Published: 11 y

Reactions to GABA and SAMe - why?

Hi Dennis,
First off, many thanks for the very informative articles you've posted, they're really helpful.

I am trying to figure out why i have a bad reaction to GABA and SAMe.
I'm not on any medication, nor have been for over a decade - minimal nutritional supplements only.

GABA i wanted to use to help ease anxiety - i have the Phenibut form of it that passes the BB barrier quicker/easier. It is suggested to take 3 250mg caps a day but i barely tolerate one.
I find 250mg extremely tranquilising and sedating, eyes barely able to keep open, cannot hold my head up. What would cause such a strong reaction to what's considered a 'relaxing dose' for everyday activities?

SAMe - again wanted to use it for liver health, easing of depression, sense of calm - but instead one 400mg tab made me irritable, agitated, no mental focus, headache, listless, and extremely depressed!

I don't understand these paradoxical reactions.
I'm have very low adrenal function, hypothyroid, hypoglycemia. All being treated at a very slow pace with diet and supplements currently.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.047 sec, (1)