CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Lips have made a remarkable turnaround 5 days into treatment with Desonide ointment and Keflex antiboitic

MikePylon Views: 6,132
Published: 11 years ago

Lips have made a remarkable turnaround 5 days into treatment with Desonide ointment and Keflex antiboitic

About 2 months into EC caused by prematurely picking skin off my lips after a chemical peel. EC spread rapidly in the last few weeks, even to areas of my lips that were not peeled, the surrounding tissues.

My lips literally looked like the picture below in THE BEGINING of peeling cycles a mere week ago... and even worse when the skin started piling up. Now they are 80% better and returning to a normal color and are building up at a much slower rate. I hope the positive changes persist and thank God and my dermatologist for the turnaround.

I know this forum is generally anti steroid, but I suggest everyone try desonide and a good Antibiotic early on to abate infection before it becomes harder to deal with. It is a very mild steroid and has a pretty good safety profile and success rate with EC. Of course, this battle with EC is a marathon not a sprint and the long term is what I'm most interested in so we will see what the future holds.

I was originally going to stick purely with natural remedies but my lips were going downhill fast and I'm glad and very fortunate I found a good dermatologist fast and had medical intervention.

Merry Christmas all and I'll keep you updated on my status.

Treatment
Wash lips with diluted herbal soap once a day
desonide 0.05 2-4 times a day
Keflex Antibiotic 4 times daily for 1 week
Instuctions not to pick crusts off during treatment.
I was also told to use Vaseline but found they were agitating my lips and stopped with the Vaseline on the first day of treatment.

This is the pic I was referencing

//www.curezone.org/upload/_o_p_forums/peeling_lips/1.bis.jpg

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  curezone.org

1.422 sec, (1)