CureZone   Log On   Join
looking for a change, 'diagnosed' with hypothyroidism

mek27 Views: 1,068
Published: 9 years ago

looking for a change, 'diagnosed' with hypothyroidism

Hello all! I'm a relative newbie in need of advice. Reading these threads makes me realize that I know very little about my diagnosis, and so anything you can tell me is helpful. Forgive me if I ramble, but I want to give details.

My thyroid journey started with crazy, insatiable thirst which caused a hot feeling in my neck and the back of my throat, and headaches. Also, it was difficult for me to lose weight (more than usual, anyways). I told my doctor about the thirst and they checked me for diabetes, everything under the sun, etc., but found nothing. I was eventually referred to an endocrinologist who did blood work. He said that my levels were a little low, diagnosed me with hypothyroidism, and prescribed 25mg a day of levothyroxine.

I've been taking 25 mg of levo for almost 2 years. My thirst is better with the medicine but still persistent. And now other side effects are kicking in. I have heart palpitations and high blood pressure, severely dry eyes that caused infections and I'm using eye drops 8x daily, spider veins and weird bruising in legs, intense heartburn and digestion issues, and (embarrassingly) noticeable hair loss. Anyone else? Let me tell you - visible scalp does not look good on a girl with dark brown hair. Just this month, the lower left side of my neck has started to hurt and I assume that this is thyroid related. I'm tired of these side effects! Especially on such a low dosage!

I shared my concerns with my doctor and he said to expect the side effects - and then prescribed rogaine. Not what I was looking for.

I am tired of levo, and I want to try to find a solution to feeling so crappy. At my last appointment, my levels were:
zinc 89 ug/dL
Iron 66 ug/dL
TIBC 354 ug/dL
Glucose 95 mg/dL
Insulin 8.3 uU/mL
Prolactin 11.4 mg/mL
Testosterone 46.6 ng/dL
TSH 1.25 ulU/mL
Anti TPO 7.8 U/mL

Side note - I was tested overseas because I moved there for work so the measurement levels may be off compared to the US.

Please help and advise! All info welcome.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.344 sec, (1)