CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Help me guys :'( Am I 16 year old suffering from peeling lips for a whole summer...

brillig Views: 2,831
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,976,912

Re: Help me guys :'( Am I 16 year old suffering from peeling lips for a whole summer...

About the "allergy to toothpaste" that you say you have ruled out.....

It isn't an allergy to toothpaste, it is an allergy or sensitivity to SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate), which is an ingredient in most toothpastes and thousands of other products. So if you are still using mouthwash, or soap, or shampoo, or aftershave, or shaving cream, or Acne cream, or anything else that might touch your mouth or lips that has SLS in it, then just getting rid of the toothpaste might not have solved the problem.

If you want to check for SLS sensitivity, you will need to eliminate ALL products with SLS that might be coming in contact with your lips.

I know that SLS allergy can be a huge factor, because my lips are totally healed and normal since I eliminated all SLS. For me, that was the cause of my lip issues. It has been almost 2 months now, and my lips are totally normal for the first time in years. So I think eliminating all SLS for a month and seeing if it makes a difference is totally worth a try.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.688 sec, (1)