CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: best product to moisturize with?

Official Dr. Clark Video Database

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Fast and Painless Constipation Relief
Oxygen Bowel Cleanser

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
brillig Views: 1,703
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,969,041

Re: best product to moisturize with?

Avocado oil is very rich and emollient. Try to get expeller pressed oil if possible (rather than heat or chemical extracted oil) because expeller pressed is more natural and therefore healthier.

I like avocado oil, but I also adore:
-Coconut Oil (which is actually a solid until it touches you skin or gets warm)
-Rose Hip Seed Oil
-Emu Oil

You can even use Olive-Oil (extra virgin, expeller pressed is best), which is very mositurizing. It will give you an idea of whether or not oil will work well for you as a moisturizer.

However, one problem with using just oils is that they come off very easily if you eat, drink, or lick your lips. Even if you do none of these things, just plain oil will be gone in a fairly short amount of time.

A lip balm made with your favorite oil and some beeswax (totally natural) will stay on your lips and mositurize them longer because the beeswax helps the product stick to your lips. But read the label carefully and make sure there are no nasty chemicals in the product.

Actually, any type of mositurizing anywhere on the body or face is more about 'keeping moisture in' than it is about 'putting moisture on'. In light of this, using something that does not wear off easily is best, especially for lips.

After buying, trying and making hundreds of lip products, I have finally come to the conclusion that my favorite, that works best for me, is plain old petrolatum (petroleum jelly - - aka vaseline). Or a mix of petrolatum and a tiny bit of beeswax.

If the idea of petrolatum bothers you, in the US and Canada there is a product called "Un-Petroleum Jelly" made by Alba, which works just like petroleum jelly, but is made from natural oils and a touch of beeswax. You can get it at Walgreens, at the health food store, or online at Amazon and hundreds of other sites.

Un-Petroleum Jelly ingredients:
Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, beeswax, hydrogenated castor oil, tocopheryl acetate and tocopherol (Vitamin E)

Both petroleum jelly and Un-Petroleum Jelly will stick to your lips longer and thus keep them moisturized longer than just plain oil.

Good luck!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.715 sec, (2)