CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: High levels of ferritin?

justkeepswimming Views: 10,627
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,966,110

Re: High levels of ferritin?

Hi. Thanks for the response! All my liver enzymes came back normal and i had a CT scan from my neck to pelvis which came back normal as well. I was reading that elevated ferritin levels can be caused by inflammation somewhere in the body such as the intestines, but i also has my antinuclear antibodies, sed rate, and C-reactive protein tested which are supposed to detect an inflammation anywhere in my body and all three of those came back normal as well.

So right now im a little unsure of what the cause of the high ferritin can be. From what i understand, the three primary causes would be hemochremotosis, liver inflammation (which the tests seem to rule out), and inflammation somewhere (which the tests also rule out). I'm getting my other iron markers tested for hemochremotosis, but not sure if its possible to have it with normal iron levels.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

2.750 sec, (1)