CureZone   Log On   Join
General thoughts...

Malodorsyndrome Views: 1,652
Published: 9 years ago

General thoughts...

First and foremost to all of my fellow sufferers out there, don't "assume" that you have TMAU just because you smell, and smell constantly. The only way to know for certain is to get tested. I can't emphasize that enough. Get yourself tested! Although my symptoms fit the description of TMAU, I have not been offcially tested. I will be going to an Internal Medicine doctor, and hopefully get a chance to be referred to an Endocrinologist.

I will say this much for this condition, my career and my life in general have been displaced. I have a very uncertain future in this world, as long as I have this condition. The shame, fear, guilt, humiliation, and frustration continues to take its toll. On the up side of things, this condition has taught me humility. It also has taught me that God is not at my beck and call. I am slowly beginning to realize that I need to trust in God, even if He doesn't remove my condition.

I am also slowly beginning to realize that being angry and upset with God is wrong. Life isn't perfect, life isn't fair, but we can choose to control the things we can, and look to God for guidance in the things we can't control. Whenever I see non-malodor sufferers enjoying their lives to the fullest, it makes me happy to know that life does indeed go on, regardless of my condition.

I am slowly but surely beginning to accept my condition for what it is. It's not admitting defeat. It's being realistic in dealing with something that's beyond my control. I may very well go to my grave with malodor. That is a possibility, that I'm willing to deal with one day at a time. Having said all of this, I will continue to do my part in finding answers and hopefully a cure.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

3.297 sec, (1)