CureZone   Log On   Join
My Feral Cat....

Southern Belle Views: 1,409
Published: 9 years ago

My Feral Cat....

Recently, I had a mama cat show up with her two tiny babies and they were all living under a building in the back yard. I know she didn't have her babies there....she just brought them there...maybe out of safety concerns. I watched her feed these babies...even watched her bring a squirrel to them as she was trying to wean them.....one of the best mamas I have ever seen. She knew I watched her and I never got close to her....out of respect and fear.........and then, one evening, she came right up to me and kept staring at me and turning her head from side to side.....and I knew what she was trying to tell me......She was hungry. So, I fed her (sardines..all I could think of!) and she then began to allow me to watch her a little closer with her kittens.

Because my major in college was psychology, I decided to test one of my favorite classic conditioning concepts.........Pavlov's Theory. I bought a bag of natural dry cat food (Healthy? I hope so, but I know little about cats) and I would shake the bag for mama cat to see how long it would take to get a response from her. I was shocked that it only took a few days before she would come running to me........well, as close as she would get. She knew she was going to be fed.

I guess we all can get "conditioned" with the right amount of "teaching".

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.969 sec, (1)