CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Symptoms

China49 Views: 2,121
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,950,747

Re: Symptoms

I would not presume to try and diagnose what you have,but I can tell you a little bit about strongyloide symptoms.
I have been diagnosed and yes at my worst I feel like I am being bitten, a bit like an ant bite in different parts of my body, and it can keep me awake all night. I also get twitching BUT this can happen with a number of different parasites as they seem to deplete your electrolytes which results in twitching, muscle spasms and cramps. Dry feet.....yes I get that too, but more often after drug treatment and anitbiotics, so you must be aware that flagyl, vermox etc can cause that.
I am interest in the puncture wound you have on your foot. indeed that could be a point of entry for strongyloides.

Do you live in the Apalachian region of the states where they are prevalent?

Strongyloides rashes are quite specific. they tend to be round the buttocks, middle of body and thighs. Also you tend to get a specific long line raised red mark that looks as though it is a scratch. This is the strongyloides travelling under the skin.
Another symptom of strongyloides is an ongoing cough.

They very rarely show up in the stool test. the only reliable way of diagnosing strongyloides is to have a specific blood serology test done, and also a blood eosinophil count. Raised levels of both are a good indication they are present.

Good luck

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.org

0.250 sec, (1)