CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Perioral Dermatitis

suzmer Views: 41,841
Published: 12 y

This is a reply to # 1,900,944

Re: Perioral Dermatitis

Hey, it's great that you've been PD-free for so long! I'm trying to figure a few things out about the condition and I was curious to know if ever since using the violet extract you have been using natural skin care, or at least natural products on your face and teeth? I'm wondering bc it still confuses me why the violet extract works especially since with antibacterial stuff like apple cider vinegar and Antibiotics the PD almost always ends up returning when not addressing the cause. I thought maybe if you had been using natural products that was the actual reason your PD hadn't come back and the violet extract just killed the initial rash which can manifest bc of a fungus in the body which can take some time to eliminate on the skin. I have a theory, which definitely could be wrong, that our bodies are so bombarded w/ toxic eating habits and just a general toxic lifestyle including cosmetic products to the point that eventually our bodies can't handle the stress and we reach a bit of a toxic tipping point. This seems to be the case with random onsets of celiacs disease and ibs where something(such as a facial product might for PD) that had originally not caused problems was all of a sudden something the body couldn't handle. The reason I think it's fungus related as well is bc antibacterial stuff and Antibiotics seem to help for atleast a little while with the rash which might mean that with our unhealthy internal state there's a bacterial infection which might come up to the skin. I'm not sure and it's a bit of a stretch but with all my googling it's the only thing that really makes sense to me. Personally I had dealt for years with PD bc my dermatologist didn't know what PD or steroid addiction was and I am guessing thought I had regular eczema so she left me on a steroid cream for over TWO YEARS which of course led to a full-faced rash addiction:( Thankfully I finally went to another dermatologist who got me on Antibiotics and metrogel which cleared it up within just over a week although I still had no clue what I had since the dermatologist didn't explain it to me. Through some random googling I stumbled upon perioral dermatitis and figured out what I had had that entire time. I tried out the violet extract for several months and haven't had the PD since but it seemed like I no longer had the PD at all when I started the v.e. bc it never surfaced while on the violet extract. I imagine this is because I had just come off of the antibiotics which would probably still be in my system for several months keeping the PD away even when possibly using whatever was causing it. But I was already on natural cosmetics after finding out about what PD was and have been since so I'm thinking the elimination of toxic cosmetics might be what did it in for me(knock on wood). Anyways, I know this is super long and I tend to ramble but thanks for any help:)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (2)