I found the 4 TBS of Epsom Salts miles too hard on the system so I modified it to a variant that I could keep goimg on for a year.U cleatred 15 oz of liver stones using it and had little or no after effects so I could work /function as normal. my ex-husband has just adopted it and has used it twice and produced twice as many stones on it as I did [mind you he weighs quite a bit more than me.....]. Again, he found very little after effects.
Also, most people, especially men who work cannot go two days without food.I include a home made liquidised veg soup for that time when you are hungry. it has no fat in it and is easily cleared uot of the gut with the Epsom Salts .
Sorry for the length if the post but here it is:
1) Two day fast on organic pressed apple juice and a bowl of homemade veg soup [liquidised] if hungry. They say to have two glasses of apple juice every two hours to flood the liver with malic acid to soften any stones. It also prepares the body for the detox that is going to take place. Eating no fats or protein for two days gives your gall bladder time to fill up with bile to make the flush more effective.
2) 6pm on second day take 1 glass water with 1 tablespoon of Epsom Salts dissolved in it. This tastes horrible so I throw it back then sip apple juice to remove any taste. Within two hours your system should start a purge that continues for about two hours. This is the worst bit. The epsom salts has a three fold effect:
a. Clears the gut of any debris to make it easier to find the stones when they come through.
b. Starts a detox of the body. It pulls toxins in through the intestinal lining and purges them.
c. Most importantly it relaxes the bile/liver ducts for easy passage of stones.
3) 10 pm that night mix 4 oz of olive oil with juice from a fresh grapefruit. Mix it into an emulsion and drink. Not unpleasant. You must now lie down straight away on back or right side, so the olive oil stays in stomach ASAP.
4) When I rise in the morning I drink a couple of cups of herbal tea and hopefully you will start to pass bile [green/yellow/brown] with some stones. This can go on till evening. This is not painful and what is passed now is very different from what was passed with the Epsom salts. I catch it in a colander , throw lots of water on it until it leaves the stones. Stones in all probability will not be calcified but soft like cheese. They can be green, tan, brown or black. Sometimes fleck of calcium can be seen. If you have a congested liver you could well get some pretty thick bile sludge that was blocking liver ducts too and coats the stones.
5) By about 11 am on third day I come off fast on the veg soup again but eat normally by the evening.