CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Parasites in my mouth

jessiecz Views: 14,943
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,856,374

Re: Parasites in my mouth

You wrote "this is a lung fluke" like you know what they look like. Do you know these critters?

I was going on a written description of the lung fluke p. westermani; as being cherry red fading to brown, lobed, with a "stem," and the same size as my cheery little specimen. The exactness of the match of the description to my stool specimen, plus seeing a photo of p. westermani ova, which exactly matched the ovoids I hocked up, and the general symptom of coughing/spitting and blood in sputum but negative test for TB seemed conclusive as an ID.

But I had never seen a lung fluke until I produced my (presumed) very own dead one, from my rear end, after taking prazi/tricla for liver flukes, which I knew I had. The lung fluke was a surprise.

(I keep adding to the list of parasites I have seen emerge from my body. I feel like a medical textbook on why not to visit Asia and assume that because your mother is Korean, neither of you will die from eating the food there. Or in China, Hong Kong, or Japan. Also places I went that I now wish I hadn't, but had stayed home and read about in travel magazines.)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.109 sec, (1)