CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: WHY!!! do we need to mix OO with LEMON???

daffyd Views: 1,431
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 183,859

Re: WHY!!! do we need to mix OO with LEMON???

From what I understood, in addition to the information from hopinso above, the citrus juice in effect takes the place of the stomach acids, so that the time the oil spends in the stomach is much less. Otherwise, the oil would be sloshed around for much longer, and the stomach's job much harder, in having to secrete the chemicals and to mix them with the oil in order to send it past the stomach. Having that much oil in the stomach alone for that long, without the citric acid , would be far more uncomfortable, leading to much more nausea and likelihood of vomiting. However, the juice mixed with the oil hastens its passage into the small intestine and beyond, since the oil's job is primarily to stimulate the onslaught of bile that will push out the stones.

I'm a grapefruit juice gal myself; no real problem with drinking the oil/juice, only the nasty Epsoms!!! ;#

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

0.811 sec, (1)