CureZone   Log On   Join
Has anyone found a doctor who is not useless??

jessiecz Views: 2,358
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,826,196

Has anyone found a doctor who is not useless??

They seem to be greatly in the minority. But one would be helpful.

Anyone ever have any luck with an MD?

(Ideally, one in the New York area; but I'll travel. I am highly motivated to get these honking things OUT of me. Bleagh.)

My own doctor told me my being concerned about having parasites was "unusual even in people who think they have them." (He meant I should waste no time in getting professional psychological help with my undue anxiety over my nonexistent flukes, one of which was bobbing in a jar he would not look at though I kept trying to maneuver it in front of his eyes.)

I am fairly sure what he really meant, though he did not know it, was "most people with parasites accept my word they don't have them. Your conviction you do is a sign you have an unusually bad case of paranoia."

Actually, it was a sign I believe in evidence over blind assertion. Of course, it might be that since I do have flukes and the sight of them makes me want to run screaming around the room, I am a wee bit concerned. And certainly more forceful with him than most patients probably are. Of course, I also had a myriad reasons to know I was right, and the same number of reasons I knew he was ignoring completely. He was seeing what he thought was anxiety but that I could have told him was the sheer effort of holding my tongue when being called a liar, insane, and generally condescended to by someone I was humoring only because he has power. And I had to manage his moods, which flared into defensive ire every time I even gently suggested by implication he might possibly be less than correct, or should perhaps consider the evidence before rendering a verdict. Man, doctors do not like being talked to in such outrageous ways by a mere scum of a patient. Especially one better educated and more reasonable.

He sucks as a shrink, too. Anyone could have seen my manner was that of someone determined not to lose their temper, under great provocation. Not anxiety. Anxious people are tentative and fearful and obsessive. I was agreeing with him wherever I could without conceding the need to get some solid evidence from him his diagnosis was correct; I had none; and a ton of solid evidence that it was wrong. (Only part of it in parasite weight.) But by the end of the fifth gentle repetition that "Trying the mental health route is the obvious one; remember, these things can be TREATED." (Not parasites, paranoia, he meant. Pity stupidity cannot be. I did not say that though. He may have seen the strain of my maintaining self-control.)

Man. I would not have believed it. But you cannot argue with such a crystal-clear presentation of lack of a brain.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.org

1.238 sec, (2)