CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Environmental impacts of coal power: air pollution.

snooz Views: 4,695
Published: 13 y

This is a reply to # 1,772,835

Re: Environmental impacts of coal power: air pollution.

Very informative information Spud. I grew up living about 15km from a major coal processing plant. There was always thick smog causing a false horizon, with pillars of plumes above firey chimneys that would make the night sky glow orange every night.

Many trees and mountains were detroyed to make way for the coal mining, not only causing the destruction and elimation of our natural habitat but also proved extremely dangerous to motorists and residents below the mountain where the mining plant was.

There were very real risks of giant boulders becoming displaced through continuing explosions, and rolling down the steep inclines onto highways and houses down below.

They have since created giant metal shelvings to capture these boulders, should they do fall.

The coal processing plant employed early immigrants from all over Europe to work and I would imagine now they are suffering the serious health effects caused by working with this industry.

As you have said Spud, coal is a finite resource and will run out some day. If stopping the mining now, the benefits include no more health issues, no more coal mining accidents, and no more destruction of our beautiful planet.

There are many alternatives out there to harness energy e.g wind, solar, wave, water/sea water and even lightening.

I know, I firmly support these types of energy because it can be utilised in such ways that it does not hurt our precious Earth and all that is living.

Snooz

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  www.curezone.org

0.094 sec, (1)